Radishes make a crunchy salsa for these–or any other taco you’re serving this summer.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems, divided
- 4 radishes, trimmed, chopped
- 2 spring onions or 4 scallions, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 serrano chile or jalapeño, seeds removed if desired, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 ounces queso fresco or Cotija cheese, crumbled
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper and cook about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Let steak rest 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop half of cilantro and toss with radishes, onions, chile, lime juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Season radish salsa with salt and pepper.
Slice steak and serve on tortillas topped with radish salsa, queso fresco, and remaining cilantro.
Thank you Epicurious!