MacDonald Meat Co. is a leader in food safety.
To All MacDonald Meat Customers,
As you have seen in the news, there has been wide, varied response to the COVID-19 Outbreak. As a result of the increased risk of exposure, at MacDonald Meat Company we have continued our practices of Good Manufacturing Practices and focused on the following initiatives for anyone entering our facility.
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
2. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
4. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, including staying away from work if you are sick.
5. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
6. Eliminating all business related travel for employees based in Seattle.
7. Closing access to Non-MacDonald Meat Company employees to our facility.
At MacDonald Meat Company, we operate under strict inspection and quality assurance. Cleanliness and quality assurance are of the utmost importance to us. Our Food Safety Programs include:
- Strict requirements and high expectations for our suppliers of raw materials.
- Employee training in HACCP, GMPs and food safety.
- Continuous microbiological testing of products and ATP testing of product surfaces to ensure the safety of our products to our customers.
- We conduct comprehensive audits by 3rd party auditors that are leaders in international food safety
Under USDA inspection, establishment #1557, we operate in accordance with the following USDA programs:
- TQC (Total Quality Control Program) since 1987
- SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) since 1999
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) since 2000
- Beef Export Verification Program – since 2004
- Food Defense Plan – since 2009
- Certified Organic Facility
- NSF Supplier Assured