Our mission is to source and offer premium meat and seafood to chefs, restaurateurs and distributors while exceeding their expectations by providing exceptional value and impassioned service. By achieving our mission, we will earn loyal customers today, tomorrow and in the future.
Main Facility Reno, Nevada
Our 50,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility is located in Reno, Nevada. It houses an oversized commercial size freezer and cooler, meat and fish processing rooms, and our main office. We have a full-time USDA inspector on site to ensure we continually meet and exceed the strictest federal food safety guidelines.
Green Initiatives have changed the way we do business for the better.
- We recycle all cardboard boxes
- We recycle all plastic in the warehouse, including stretch film from pallet shipments
- We converted from paper to reusable cups in the building
- We utilize digital marketing collateral to save paper
- We are exploring a solar panel installation on the roof of the plant
- We use a biodegradable soap in the work rooms which helps lessen the use of water for wash down
- We recycle all office paper
- We are converting our fleet to smaller diesel delivery vehicles that get triple the mileage, using less gas
- We installed auto quick dry hand dryers to replace the paper towels in all areas
- We installed a new refrigeration timing system that cuts down energy consumption by 35% for refrigeration of our 50,000 sq ft warehouse
Sierra Meat & Seafood is a leader in food safety.
We operate under the strictest of inspections and quality assurances. Learn more about our specific programs here.
- We operate under the inspection of the USDA and the FDA.
- Cleanliness and quality assurances are of the utmost importance to us. We have strict requirements and high expectations for our suppliers of raw materials.
- Our employees are trained in HACCP, GMPs and food safety.
- We are located in a state of the art processing facility that was custom-built in 2010. We do continuous microbiological testing of various surfaces and products to ensure the safety of our customers.
Safe Quality Food Code
Sierra Meat & Seafood has a Level 2 Certification for SQF. To learn more about those benchmark requirements,